Ranger hesitation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i parked my truck (95 Splash with 3.0L v6 for reference) probably 3 weeks so i could drive my winter ride around. well when i parked it, it was running pretty decent. well today i get in and let the engine warm up a bit. after it warmed up, i decided to go take it for a drive because i hadnt driven it in awhile. i go down the road few miles and it acts like its hesitating. i was near a Krogers so i went in the parking lot and looked under my truck at my fuel lines (i relocated my gas tank in bed..truck is bagged thats why). i noticed on one of the lines that it looked as if there was a small leak. i grab the flat head screwdriver and tightened the connections up (they were a little loose). i get back in my truck and decide to go up the road a little ways. it started doing it again but it wasnt as bad (it wont bad in the first place but enough to be concerned) so i decided to go ahead and get gas for it. threw in $20 worth of 89 octane which brought it up to about 3/4 tank. drove it some more and it did it just a little bit. im thinking if i drive it a little more, it might be ok but im not sure. i got a show in a few weeks (10hr drive to the show) and i dont want my truck to die on me going there or coming back. anybody have any other ideas of what else i could check?

i would have put in 93
whens the last time you did a tune up etc?
might want to do air filter(if its still stock), fuel filter, plugs, wires cap and rotor

you could also try some dry gas? maybe your tank got some condensation/water

last time i had a tune up was when i put the motor in it which was about 2 years ago. i think my next route is to check the plugs and air filter (yeah its still stock) and make sure those are fine. im kinda leaning towards the plugs MIGHT be an issue. not 100% sure tho. i will check it on friday when i have an afternoon available.

well, how wet was it when you drove the truck?
any chance your wires are dried out and water is fux0ring your ignition?

it wasnt real wet although its been snowing alot lately and its melting now. maybe i should let the warm weather dry everything real good too??? i dunno...i hate dealing with engines in a vehicle...lol

i fixed it. damn line coming off the charcoal canister popped off. i put it back on and its been fine ever since. i must have been hopping the front end too much and it popped off. easy fix :)

Back