Rant time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
rant rant rant rant

Don't read this if you're just going to talk shit. I'm venting. Let me vent.

I don't think this year could get ANY worse.

Let's recap the beginning of the year, which (most of) you guys probably already know.

I blew up my bike, my car got stolen and stripped, and my brother's car that I was driving got broken into and all my riding gear got stolen.

On top of that, about a month ago my R1 got stolen from in front of my apartment. I left it outside for LITERALLY an hour. It wasn't even dark...it was getting dark, but there was still sunlight. 8pm. Come outside and it's gone. I'm getting fucked by my insurance company on it, too. They're only paying HALF of what I owe on it. Part of my 'warranty' through the dealership was that in the event of theft, I would get $5k towards the purchase of another bike if A. I bought the bike from the same dealership, and B. I bought it within 30 days of settlement with my insurance company. The dealership has a bike that I'm interested in, but I can't get anyone at the dealership to do anything. Me (and my lawyer, too) have both called NUMEROUS times, and can't get ANYONE in the warranty claims department to return my calls. If the 30 days is up and I still haven't been able to make any headway, I'm going to file suit. So as far as that, right now it's looking like I'm going to be making my regular monthly bike note on a bike that I don't have anymore. Fucking bullshit.

My truck. I've been having nothing but problems with it. Earlier this year it threw a rod, so I replaced the engine. Then it started overheating. I replaced the water pump and thermostat. Still overheated, and now leaked coolant. Three random coolant hoses had decided to break. Replaced them. Lower radiator hose broke. Replaced it. Kept overheating. Replaced the mechanical fan with an electric one. Worked for a few days, now it's back to overheating. Best part? I can't use my AC because it'll fucking overheat. It's not a fan issue, the fan is on a relay and comes on whenever the ignition is on. It also started leaking power steering fluid a few weeks back. It was leaking from the front seal on the pump, so I replaced the pump. Now it doesn't leak, but I've got almost no power assist unless I manually rev the engine above 1500rpm.

And then there's the CRX. The clutch is GONE. The front suspension is GONE. I can't drive it on the street, period. I also have to buy a buddy of mine a new slick, because when we had the slicks on and the struts popped, the suspension sagged MAYBE a quarter of an inch...and this was enough for my fender to cut a nice little groove in the tread. He's not being a dick about it or anything, he didn't even ask if I was going to replace it...but I'm the kinda guy that feels like I owe it to him to replace something, even if only minimal damage was caused and it's still 100% useable and no-dangerous.

So there's all my car issues. Great, huh?

And on top of ALL THAT (as if it couldn't get any worse), I've been having problems with a girl. I've known her since November, and I guess we've been talking since decemberish...it's hard to say. She's been more or less living with me for the past few months...'more or less' meaning that she sometimes goes to her parent's during the day when I'm at work. She doesn't have a job,and I pay for pretty much everything (and I don't have a problem with that). I don't know how to say this...but it's like she likes me one minute and the next minute she doesn't. We tell each other that we love one another, and spend pretty much 100% of the time I'm not at work together...but I still don't know. It seems like she WANTS to be mad at me up to the point that I get angry, and then she changes her mind. I'm not a violent guy; I'd never do anything to hurt a girl. I hardly ever let anyone know how I feel, and I usually keep my emotions bottled up...but when I start to say things like 'ok, you're right, I fucked up. I'm sorry.' and be a little bitch and apologize and such, she turns around and says 'you didn't do anything, it's not your fault, i'm sorry, please don't leave' and so on...it's confusing. I don't know what to do. And I really do love her...fuck.

All that's been going on. And this morning at work one of the guys that works in another part of the dealership asked if I would do his brakes for him on his 93 Ford Bronco 4x4 as a side job, and he'd pay me cash. Sure, no problem, I could always use the extra cash. I get the thing pulled apart (which is a HUGE pain in the ass...I wouldn'tve touched it if I'd realized how much fucking trouble is involved pulling the rotors from a Bronco 4x4), and realize that he's got non-ABS rotors, and he needs the ABS rotor/hub assembly. So he left about 30 minutes ago to try and get the right rotors, and I haven't seen him since. and I'm supposed to get off at noon. The way it's looking, I'm going to be here until at LEAST 2 or 3.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

[/rant]

about the girl.. mine was the same way when i met her.. she'd get me absolutely furious, then we'd fight and it'd be over within an hour

car shit always happens. it's bound to break/get stolen/wear down. i feel ya there.

i have a bike also. and i'm paranoid as fuck. i'm going to make sure i have full theft coverage when i move.

the last brake job i did, i learned to get cash before even starting. hopefully this guy will come through with money.

and as for the girl issues, i know how that is. but i once had a girl fuck her ex boyfriend in the spare room of an apartment me and her shared together, while i was there. long story. your best bet is to talk to her and figure shit out.

Damn man that sucks. Life is all about highs and lows. When things pick up for you these lows will make you appreciate your highs even more. I hope the highs come soon for you man. It will all work out one way or the other.

I feel for you man, my shit's fucked up right now too. Don't let this get you down, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that.

I can sympathise with how you must feel. You're prized possessions are stolen, you feel guilty about messin up your friends stuff, people are taking advantage of you, the person who "loves you" is causing stress instead of supporting you, you feel like the whole world is taking a dump right on your face and you're hands are tied, so you cant even reach up to pop em in the nuts.

Keep you're chin up, that way the shit will roll off instead of sticking under your nose :p (sorry for the disgusting visuals)

hey i can feel you man..when mah car broke down i felt the same way you are right now...but once everything pass away you will be happy again..and about gurls.. mah ex she always wanted to control me..i mean sometimes i had to do stuff to mah car and she would get mad at me cuz i was working in it or i was at work..even she got mah when i played soccer...isnt this world going crazy?????? now im just one more single ricer in MD.....

Well I guess I thought I was the only one getting a shit dumped on my face. Turns out you're getting a boatload too.

Mine aren't possesions that are getting screwed but everything in essence besides that blows.

Keep your head and don't become a slave to the dollar.

The women troubles aren't that bad. It's early enough to cut and run. Alternatively, and we've been on your ass about this for a long time now, Get out of that fucked up area !

Back