Raspberry Pi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I already stream the house via wifi with my ipad and iphone and back into my TV's...with free apps none the less.

I already stream the house via wifi with my ipad and iphone and back into my TV's...with free apps none the less.

Yeah, but I'm talking about fully integrating intrusion detection systems with fire, video, and access control.

I have something similar at home with an COTS 4-camera DVR system.

That's different, I just see people talking about media systems, I was saying you can do that pretty much with a router these days. The whole system will be neat. I'm getting an apartment come fall, maybe I'll pick one up and play with it for a media setup

I know nothing about programming, so that probably explains why I don't understand much about it lol. Will you have to use a peripheral screen?

I know nothing about programming, so that probably explains why I don't understand much about it lol. Will you have to use a peripheral screen?

Think a cheap Roku box, or anything else that you'd want to hook up to your TV.

It's a 700mhz PC with a network port, usb, and HDMI for $35

It runs Quake 3 at 40fps, too.:ph34r:

I'm interested in seeing what it can do. My MediaCenter PC has 3 times (at least) the specs of that thing and it still studders every now and then on bluray playback. If i can stream ripped bluray to it, my media pc may become a giant NAS.

what are your HTPC specs? you shouldnt have any issues with it if you have a decent vid card that can do HW HD decoding. i have a GT430 that does it all. so its not really dependent on the CPU. plenty of people have seamless playback of HD content (blu-ray or otherwise) with the ATOM/ION platform which is considerably less powerful that what im currently running. its all about that HW decoding.

A4-3300. Gonna grab the A8 proc and see if that helps. It's one of AMD's new integrated graphics chips.

would only let me order one.

but, probably wont actually be shipped for another 6 weeks.

so... waiting.

I would order one if I could figure out where the fuck to order it. Their websites suck.

I want to use this to create a data gathering device/speedo for my SV650...

sorry Chaz, you gotta register and get invited to buy one.

did anyone get theirs already? what was the total price? i got invited, but it doesnt show if they charge tax and what the shipping rates are from Newark.

at first it showed me having to pay the tax.
but, then it took me to the next screen and the tax was removed.

it was $35 plus like 7 or 8 for shipping. nothing else.

yeah. I picked up another one personally today.

Back