RB26 into S2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGJDMB18C

Hello all,

I know I might even get a slap for asking this but,

I saw a 2jz in an s2000 on youtube, and it looked like such a clean install. I have heard that the rb26 is very much a straight swap, bolts straight up to the s2k tranny and the ecu pin out is the same and the mounts will line up provided that you get aftermarket hasport mounts.

I have been searching for info and picks of the rb26 in an s2k and I cant find much info at all?
Is this all pie in the sky or is it a very simple swap?
if it is possible, can anyone point me in the direction to where I can find more detailed info on the swap? or even more info on the 2JZ wap?

I know people love there Honda engines and will probably take a passionate dislike to me for even enquiring about this swap. But im really interested in finding out more.

Hello all,

I know I might even get a slap for asking this but,

I saw a 2jz in an s2000 on youtube, and it looked like such a clean install. I have heard that the rb26 is very much a straight swap, bolts straight up to the s2k tranny and the ecu pin out is the same and the mounts will line up provided that you get aftermarket hasport mounts.

I have been searching for info and picks of the rb26 in an s2k and I cant find much info at all?
Is this all pie in the sky or is it a very simple swap?
if it is possible, can anyone point me in the direction to where I can find more detailed info on the swap? or even more info on the 2JZ wap?

I know people love there Honda engines and will probably take a passionate dislike to me for even enquiring about this swap. But im really interested in finding out more.

i think someone is pulling your chain bro. I SERIOUSLY doubt that the s2k tranny will bolt up to the rb26 clean. I mean hell, an rb25 tranny requires you switch oil pans or something before it will bolt up to the tranny (dont know why). I SERIOUSLY doubt that the pin outs are the same for both engines. Just doesnt mesh up for me.

An RB25 would be a more effective swap. Not a whole lot of fuss, just need a new drive shaft and some creative wiring.

there is no such thing as a bolt-in swap.

and thats honda motors into honda cars.

when you step out to a new manufacturer on top of it, basically, if you have to ask, you can't afford to do it, and don't have the knowledge required to do it.

Regardless, I see it as taking a couple of steps backward... For the cost of that swap, I could build the F20/F22 and turbo that. It would be a lighter car by far, and I'd have a lot more fun with the better handling and the power.

RB in a S2K sounds dope but like MikeBergy said, after that kind of money you might as well build what you're running and keep that near perfect wait balance you allready have....unless you were shooting for all out DRAG power, but then again INLINEPRO is shooting for the 9's now with an F22. But for an answer to your questions, motor swaps really are'nt easy unless you are comparing said swap to a swap that is more difficult to pull off. EXAMPLE; A b18 swap into a 95 civic is not easy per-say, but it is easy compared to a H22 swap into the same car. Any swap CAN be done with enough money. Hell you could put a god-dammed rocket in a s2k if you had the dough. Hmmmm....Im starting my own thread.... F16 Falcon motor into '03 s2000. see you guys at the track.:cool:

what the fuck are you talking about? The video is clearly labeled 2JZ S2000...

Back