rc 550's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esp4life

wasn't sure where to post this, but i am wondering if rc 550's will fit into an obd0 b16? i bought them used and am not sure on any specifics on the injectors.

wish i could. after i paid for them, i tried contacting the seller a few times to find out but they never replied. best i can do is reference the numbers on the injectors and see what i can find. if they are they peak and hold, will the they clip right in to the harnesses for the old ones?

not sure if the plug style changed or not

whats the part numbers on them?

you can also check their resistance...

rc injectors use obd1 style plugs. you can by plugs from rc or retailers like importparts.com

the injector has pl8-550. from what i have found they are low impedence (2.5 - 3 ohms). as far as peak and hold or saturation, i haven't found anything for these. i found pl9-550 that are peak and hold nippondenso style top feed. what all will need to be done to change the plugs?

yeah, a 90 hatch. i couldn't find anything as far as obd0 to obd1 clips for them. any idea if the grommets/washers off my old injectors will fit on the rc's? the ones on the rc's are a lil tattered. thanks again for the help.

these should plug into your injector clips just fine...

not certain on your grommets but i think they will work

can i ask why you are going with 550's?

not to put you down but you need some serious forced induction to require fuel flow like that, and you're gonna need some way to tune them down a bit i would imagine...

whats your setup? tuning? managment? motor? turbo? etc?

i got the 550's due to a pretty good deal... i think it was $125 shipped for the 4. not sure on management yet. i know there are quite a few programs out there. from what i hear, a guy in kc is really good with turboedit, so i might go that route. so far i have just the basics for low boost fun. my plans, of course, go beyond low boost fun. so far i have a t3, blox-style manifold, an ic from a starion, tial wastegate, apex'i dual chamber bov. i have an ls block already stripped, but i don't know if i really want to go that route or buy a stroked and sleeved b16 block for $1200. i'm sure i could get the ls block sleeved for way less than $1200, but alot of people have varying opinions on lsvtec.

Back