RC Aircraft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here is mine lol

image.jpg

I loved my Four Star. Was the first kit I built. I have an Extra 300s in the basement that needs to get put together. Now that my son is getting older I'm going to get back into it. Already started him with the Cars/Trucks, etc. Now it's time to get in the air.

Hands down that four star is the best flying plane i own. Yeah i like my big extra but i am never gonna finish it gonna try and sell that and i think the cub to fund something else.

Finally got it flying... Turns out I had it on "full manual" mode, meaning, no gyro assist or anything. That explains the incessant crashing.

And explains why this happened:
IMG_20141226_114741.jpg

$1.97 for a 1/2" square dowel later, and it's all good.

IMG_20141228_171405.jpg

But I lost my Mobius Action Camera in the woods... So, yeah. I'm a little pissed about that.

How did you find the wreckage and lose the camera?
maybe put a couple LED lights on it next time? :shrug2:

Well, that time it was completely in the yard. I watched it hit the tree, and watched it fall. That was easy. I was only out an $82 camera.

This last one, I'm out a $180 camera ($80 with a gift card), a 32GB microSD card, and the entire quadcopter (close to $350). There are two yards I'm going to ask permission to look in today, but after that, I'm going to have to write it off. The replacement will have an RF beacon on it, so I can find the fucker.

Here's some video from the last four flights. If I find it, I'll have some nice video of the crash.

Damnit pickles I was hoping you'd kept this thread updated!

well, here:
http://imgur.com/a/dI2i3

A nice little album of what I could find quickly.

I've done things like laying antenna wire for a full wave loop, taking pictures of chimney caps, inspecting antennas on towers, etc. It's fun.

What can't you do with them ;). Nice setups. Lot of 3d printed stuff it looks like.

Fly them without being registered right now...

So, yeah. FAA has really overstepped, and they did it when Congress was on recess.

I work for Video Aerial Systems and we are literally THE BEST antenna maker for rc aircraft in the world. You should try our stuff if you haven't already :)

Back