RC eng. fuel injector program

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

Well my car goes on the dyno on monday and I was doing a little prep work in the mean time...

I have accel 310 injectors already and I was told that they would be more than sufficent for my app. however, rc says I need at least 330's. Do you think this is correct? I have a set of 370's at a friends place that I can trade for but if it's not necessary id rather not...

how safe is it to run larger than necessary injectors at say 60% duty cycle

mods: ls engine, pr3 pistons, pnp head, crower valvetrain and 403's, skunk2 intake mani, 68mm tb, cai, 75 shot (to be 100 by the end of tuning) wet injection, hondata s200, fuel system capable of handling 200-800cc injectors

you have hondata, you can run pretty much any larger size and tune them down if you wanted to.

honestly, on a 100 shot, i'd run 440's.

Thanks for the input... the nitrous system is a direct port kit so I am able to jet the cylinders for fuel and nitrous... do you really think I am going to need to up the fuel from the injectors under spray?

Good point... bigger injectors it is...

Question, will the spray pattern be negatively affected by lowering the duty cycle of the injector? or does that only apply to lowering/raising the fuel pressure?

to a certian extent, yes... but as long as you aren't trying to run 1200 cc injectors and use 300 of it, you won't have a problem.
440s are FAR from big.

Back