Re-chipping OBD0 ECu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

I have a b16 in my rex. Im trying to get it tuned. I want to get it re-chipped so i dont have to shill out 300+ to convert to OBD1. Now at the moment I have a PW0 ECU. I was wondering if this ecu can be re chipped. Or if another OBD0 ecu can be rechipped to run the b16?

I have a new intake mani and a NX kit i want to put on and i want to tune it. So i want the chipping done befor i slap the juice on

the intake mani won't warrant a change in your program... (at least not enough to make the hassel of tuning it worth while)

as for the nitrous... you're not in the nitrous all the time, so your normal map isn't changing, once again.
most nitrous kits come with an nmu (nitrous managment unit) which does the fuel deal on its own.

other than that, you're going to need a full tuning solution that offeres nitrous control.

um sorry about that....forgot about the pw0 :slap:

look into mega squirt....you can have two maps and you can switch from map to map...

or buy an ostrich.....it works with TE...you can make on the fly changes or change maps while driving

megasquirt fucking sucks. have you played with it? my god. lol i've been tuning for a while, and i can't figue that thing out....

you DONT need to go obd1.
you DONT need to go hondata.

pr3 will run your car.
pw0 will run your car.

what nitrous kit are you planning to use?

even if you get something with 2 maps... are you going ti switch chips, or have your laptop on for everytime you hit the juice? it's just not practical...

a zex kit or something with an NMU will be fine with the stock pr3 or pw0. so long as you keep it around the 65-ish shot area.
if you're looking for more than that, you want an AEM EMS, because it has a good nitrous control system that will completely bypass the NMU.

what about for a built engine running turbo, n20, 550 cc injectors and other mods? can the pw0 be chipped and programmed for that purpose?

or what if i wanna take out my top speed. come on will someone chip this ecu for me and drop a base b16 map on it

Back