Re-installing A/C; EK w/ B16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DSMinivan

I recently bought my friend's 96 hatchback with a jdm obd1 b16 swap and jdm computer. I love everything about this car except for the fact that it doesn't have A/C, because it can get pretty hot here. So, I was going to attempt to put A/C back on it, but before I buy all the stuff I was wondering if someone on here might know exactly what I need to buy. I'm pretty sure the evaporator is still there, so I think all I need is the compressor, condenser, fan, receiver dryer, hoses, a/c belt and bracket. The part where I get confused is should I get Civic SI parts or just the stock parts, and also I thought I read somewhere that you need to use a Del Sol bracket? ANY help is greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

if i had to put a guess out there itd be all parts from the si.

I havent done the addition before, but thats my best guess.

use the si bracket and si ac unit. just buy the whole ac kit from hondaautomotiveparts.com for around 650 its worth it really.

that stuff is incredible...FULL AC kit for like 650....just crazy.

too bad they dont have a ac kit for EVERY model...ive only seen it on the b16 del sols.

Actually I meant to the page with the A/C system, but I think I found it. Thanks guys.

yeah, as i said, they dont have it for all makes and models, but if you look for the right thing, you can find it.

Get all the parts for the chassis you have. the only thing different you're gonna need is the compressor bracket. You can use the one off 99-00 civic si, delsol with dohc motor, or b20b/z bracket off CRVs.

Actually, i'm kind of interested in the A/C kit from the site mentioned above, but they only have one for the b16 del sol, but that should work too, right? I mean, it seems that would be the easiest thing to do since you get just about every thing you need, and I don't think the price is all that bad for brand new, or remanufactured, parts.

that price is outstanding really, any place you go to get your ac fixed they are going to charge u atleast that much and it wont even last more than a year most likely. i plan to buy the kit for my 95 civic after christmas since i have made it the last 3 yrs without ac in fl! whats another few months lol.

Back