Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Go with Tuner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do it yourself

• Dont bother at all

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboRex90

Golden EG
So my Engine wiring harness isnt the prettiest thing to look at when you pop my hood. The conversion from OBD0 to OBD1 was made 2 years ago, and every since id wish it was done cleaner but that's what you get for being too impatient. Lately ive been having some electrical issues, Rad fan stopped kicking on ( it was hardwired into the Acc. Position of the ignition), My Seat belt sensor/light Blinks and beeps at me.. even though i unplugged the damn thing from under my seats, as well as from my door.. but if i hit a bump or turn to hard.. it could come on and stay on for as long as the car is on. My temp gauge gets a bit out of whack, and will raise and lower if i use and power from headlights to switches etc.

I asked a local tuner to make a new harness and he wanted about 700$, Rywire wants about 650$, but my question is.. with the right material and diagrams.. would it be cheaper to do it myself? If so, where would i even pick up new wire/male/female pins ( not the plastic clips that hold them in), Ive been searching with no success.. maybe length of wire.. amount of pins needed etc.

Cliffnotes:

-Engine wiring harness is a sight on the eyes
-Random electrical and unidentified mishaps
-Tuner wants 700$, Rywire wants 650$
-How much to do it personally?
-Where would i find such information
-Where would i purchase such parts?

Back