Re-Wraping Door Pannels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Projectzc

I am wraping my door pannels in some new viynal. I was wondering what kind of adhisive one would suggest. I have the 3M 90 but it seems to react to the viynal in a bad way. Any other ideas.
Also any one know of a do it your self web site that is good for this kind of work.

Thanks

Find a wholesale upholstry shop and tell them what you are looking for. Its basiclly High bond contact cement that you roll or brush o. I used to do custom stereos back in the day, custon door panels, boxes, etc. I just can't remember the name of the product we used to use. good luck

I plan on redo-ing my own interior. At least the inserts on teh door panels. What is a good technique to keep folds and creases out of the material?

1. take your time
2. pre fold your material (after it is cut an ready to glue, give it a couple of test runs to find the minamal amount of creasing and folding on the material...figure out "how" the material works/reacts/stretches....PRACTICE.
3. use heat to stretch/conform...heat guns work great but get hot..maybe try a hair dryer first.
4. work with small areas that you are comfortable with...remember...vinyl shows everything, dirt, folds, anything underneath that is not flat...will show. If glue dries before you reach that section...it will show.

good luck

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89@Aug 26 2004, 04:10 PM
1. take your time
2. pre fold your material (after it is cut an ready to glue, give it a couple of test runs to find the minamal amount of creasing and folding on the material...figure out "how" the material works/reacts/stretches....PRACTICE.
3. use heat to stretch/conform...heat guns work great but get hot..maybe try a hair dryer first.
4. work with small areas that you are comfortable with...remember...vinyl shows everything, dirt, folds, anything underneath that is not flat...will show. If glue dries before you reach that section...it will show.

good luck

matt
[post=382306]Quoted post[/post]​

Im not using vinyl... I'll essentially be using standard interior fabric. But thanks for the tips...

Back