Ready for something you've never seen?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

She is but it cant go that fast. It has no transfer case and because of the Sami axles it is geared an additional 4.1:1. It could probably do 50 or 60, but that's it. Still fast for a 7-year-old I'll admit. :) I'm just going to make sure that, when she's behind the wheel in her buggy, I'm behind the wheel in mine:

DSC_0292%20(Medium).JPG

J. J.

as for as weight the h22 is probably the heaviest honda 4 banger you can find, but another engine you could look at is the v6 out of the Acura Legands, they put out a lot of torque (for a stock honda motor). Also I may have missed something on this thread but I saw that the total weight without motor and tranny is only around 1000lbs...If that is true I don't think the H22 would quite get you to the 2400 lb. mark you have to be at. Good luck man. I wish I knew how to build those things. I love wheeling and rock climbing but I don't know the first thing about how to build a good setup.

man i would loved to have some thing like that when i was 14-15 let alone 7 that is some nice work that you guys do where are you located i love to go crawling but i sold me jeeps and have been to much in to hondas but my love to have a buggy is still there the only place to go here in indiana is the Badlands in Attica and its about 2 hrs from me. but i still go up with friends for a ride along

I live on the panhandle of FL. There are no "local" places for any of us though. My closest tow is 5.5 hours. My buddies live closer to places, but its still a 2 hour tow for them.

J. J.

if you designed your motor to fit mid-engine transverse (north to south, instead of east to west), then you really would'nt need your t-case right? just have custom lenght half shafts made to fit to the shaft out put joints on the axles. would give you four wheel drive, qwick and easy. auto or manual, makes no difference. food for thought.

Transverse is left to right across the car

Longitudinal is front to rear along the car

if you designed your motor to fit mid-engine transverse (north to south, instead of east to west), then you really would'nt need your t-case right? just have custom lenght half shafts made to fit to the shaft out put joints on the axles. would give you four wheel drive, qwick and easy. auto or manual, makes no difference. food for thought.
your behind times people have been doing this you have to run a spool to do this or you end up with only fwd or rwd because of the diff in the transmission

Back