Real easy networking question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
OK, we've got a LAN set up, running Small Business Server 2003, with 8 or so boxes running XP hooked up to it. We've got an *old* box that we'd like to temporarily use for CAD drafting only, but it's way too old to run XP. It's got Win98 loaded on to it right now.

Can I hook that thing up to our network and still have it be completely compatible? I mean, I know it'll be agonizingly slow, but it's just an intern working on it. :lol:

You won't get FULL network integration, but you should be able to get online and access most shared resources (printers, shared folders).

on the server, you have to specify "allow pre-2000 connections" or something like that. i forget where it is...

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 5 2005, 12:35 PM
You won't get FULL network integration, but you should be able to get online and access most shared resources (printers, shared folders).
[post=495491]Quoted post[/post]​

What else do you need?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 5 2005, 10:45 AM
on the server, you have to specify "allow pre-2000 connections" or something like that. i forget where it is...
[post=495497]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks B. I'll look around for that.

I'm not sure if that'll work, since those are instruction for setting up a Workgroup, and not a Domain. I'll see if any of the info helps, though. Thanks.

Back