Really BAD MPG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckl3ss

Ok, so I have a B16a in my 92 hatch with i/h/e and recently I have been getting horrible gas mileage. I usually get like 230 miles to my tank and now I'm only getting like 180, and I am driving conservatively. I talked to someone and they recommended me getting getting Greddy emanage, but there's got to be something that went wrong that is making me get this horrible gas mileage, any suggestions?

Timing off, clogged cat, bad alignment, low tire pressure, plugs need replaced, oil is shit, ecu in limp mode, brakes dragging, driving up hill all the time, flux capacitor in need of plutonium or a mr fusion upgrade, clogged air filter, shitty gas, dirty injectors, low compression, engine and trans grounds corroded, plugs gapped improperly, dragging large objects behind the car, pushing large objects with the car, cap/rotor corroded/worn out, old plug wires, dildo stuck in the tail pipe, Oxygen sensor on vacation/not reading correctly... The list goes on and on.

We need more info.

Lol, thanks, i actually lol'd for some of them. But yeah I'm going to change plugs and wires, and Basically everything else is new, new tires, new alignment, new oil, 93 octane, no cat, oxygen sensor is new. So I am going to buy NGK iridium plugs and wires. Unless you guys recommend something else.

Also how exactly would my ecu get in limp mode.

no codes or CEL either, I just changed plugs and wires today, so lets see if that does anything, if not fuel filter might be next

are you using the same gas station each fillup? same octane?

I only use 93 octane, but I fill up at different gas stations, but only big names, such as BP, Mobile ect.

No need for 93 octane unless you've bumped up the compression some. You're both wasting cash and using old gas. Gas prices through the roof means less people buying premium, which means it sits in the tanks longer before going into your tank.

dude, i was getting bad gas mileage and burning oil so and i found that my PCV valve had dry rotted and the rubber has expanded on the inside which didn't allow air flow. simple fix and very effective

Back