really rough idle ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civichatch541

So i just swapped in a B18B1 today.

Heres pics of the build log :

New Motors In - The Forum

So i get it started today and at idle its super ruff and pumping out black smoke and smells like gas. So ultimately that means its running to rich. Once you rev it or go passed 1000 RPM. Its perfectly fine. So i checked all my wiring and everything was fine. Im guessing its a sensor but dont know wich one. Also i have been told to either flash me ECU or replace it with another one to see if that fixes it. I have an exhaust leak right after the Catalytic that will be getting fixed tommorow. But i know thats not the problem. So i was wondering if anyone had any idea on what this may be. Any advice or comment would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you.

I assume you checked the firing order to make sure you didnt get it mixed up.
also check the tps and map sensor plugs (both on throttle body) to see if they got swapped by accident.
you have the o2 sensor wired up correctly?
check your fuel pressure to make sure the fuel pressure regulator isn't sticking
check you cap and rotor etc if it wasn't replaced just to make sure
the misfires at idle are going to make the car run rich because of the unburnt fuel yadda yadda yadda.

Back