rear brake conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i just got a rear brake conversion done on my 97 civic lx (drum to disc) here is the problem at hand. it was to hard for me to remove some of the bolts on the swing arm so i had to take it to the shop to have it done but he came back to me with some stuff about the brake cables. he told me they where to short to fit on my car. now i have a 97 civic lx four door, and i got the set off a 93 civic si i thought that they where the same length is he blowing smoke or is he right? let me know please
ps the brakes work great i just can't put up the e brakes

he is absolutely right the chasis are two different sizes, if i remember right a 99-00 SI e-brake cable should work, but im not 100% call honda.

Originally posted by MXDesa@Aug 18 2004, 09:09 AM
he is absolutely right the chasis are two different sizes, if i remember right a 99-00 SI e-brake cable should work, but im not 100% call honda.
[post=378599]Quoted post[/post]​

the 94-01 integra cables will work too.

would it matter if the car i have the brakes on are on a four door can't i just buy ones for a 98 civic ex and it will work just as good right?

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Aug 19 2004, 09:10 AM
would it matter if the car i have the brakes on are on a four door can't i just buy ones for a 98 civic ex and it will work just as good right?
[post=379156]Quoted post[/post]​

The 98 ex didn't have rear discs, if I recall. Anyway, civic coupes and sedans have the same wheelbase, as well as the sedan integra. the 2dr integra might have been a hair shorter. I used 2dr integra cables in my civic coupe - it was a tight fit, but they worked.

I believe rear disc were optional on the EX.

Back