rear brakes upgrade ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kycivic

hey guy i got a 99 dx i went out and got a whole disk brake setup of a 00 si with abs im going to put all new bushing and bearings in the rear can i go out and buy a rear hub without abs for the rear si setup because the non abs stuff is cheaper and i dont have abs

Its the exact same part, the ABS just has a metal ring with teeth pressed onto it. Either part (abs/non) will work fine.

Its the exact same part, the ABS just has a metal ring with teeth pressed onto it. Either part (abs/non) will work fine.

The AXLES have the metal ring, not the hubs... The hubs are the same as long as they are for the rear disks. ABS models have a sensor and mounting location on the spindle..

If you are getting a set of hubs for a 00 SI, then the hubs are all the same. They don't make some Si's with/ some without ABS.. You are probably getting them from a general auto parts store where they don't have the catalog capability to identify the exact part number for an SI

So to be clear you pulled the brake conversion off a si and it matches up with everything i am talking brake lines. So in a theory I can pull si rear discs and have no problem at all?

The easiest way to go is to swap out the complete trailing are with hub and brakes still on. Any 90-01 Integra and 90-00 Civic and Del Sol with rear dics are swappable. You need the correct Ebrake cable for your car. If you have a 4 door civic you need a 4 door teg cable, a hatch needs a hatch cable ect.

Back