Rear bumper / exhaust opinions for the 'rex

What do to?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
So I was browsing Honda-Tech's Drag Racing forum today, and came across this car:

2v192rt.jpg

...and I got to thinkin'. My rear bumper really looks like ass. It's a Wings West urethane kit, and it's wavy as fuck, and doesn't really line up well...so I was thinking of copying that white CRX's rear bumper. Within the next few months, the 'rex is getting gutted, caged, and is going to be a mostly track-only car, and I'm thinking about unbolting the rear section of my exhaust as well and putting a turndown where the rear section would bolt up.

Opinions?

As it is now:
2ccnub4.jpg

Rear bumper cut, with exhaust:
42k8gn8.jpg

Rear bumper cut, without exhaust:
2eyxiiw.jpg

On a more serious note:
civ2.jpg

I think you should find a good fiberglass guy to do this.
(Sorry my paint skillz sux)

Cut it!

Also, I'm against filling it in. My cousin had a bumper like that and it made his car look like it got a fat ass.

I say do it man. I think it looks good ( on the track anyway, on the street I don't care for the rear bumpers mangled with "speed holes") :p

:thumbsup:

I'd say cut it, and maybe instead of getting a turndown, try and just get a straight-through exhaust with maybe like a Burns stainless muffler on the end. Either that or a Buddy Club Spec II.

Trade the big tip for two small tips, and straighten up the kit.

That license plate cut-out is the deal breaker here. If that werent there, I'd say go for it.

I also say do it, be unique and have your own style and flavor!!!

...so I'm on my way downstairs right now to hack up my bumper, and to destroy the rear section of a Thermal R&D exhaust :D

Oh and cut the exhaust too since its mostly going to be a drag car.

welp, it's done. :D

34xs749.jpg

3z8ss43.jpg

35ldb1e.jpg

one with the plate on:
2n8ue5x.jpg

...and what's left on the car of the Thermal:
2eekmc7.jpg

It's got the Thermal R&D resonator, plus the second resonator that I put on in place of the cat a while back...and believe it or not, it really doesn't sound that bad with normal driving...at WOT, it screams like a motherfucker...but other than that, it's all good.

Overall I like it :)

Last edited:
Back