Rear Camber Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

My buddy just bought some H&R sport springs and a engalls camber kit for the front, but the rear camber is off 2 degrees on one side and 1.75 on the other. I think its something like a 1.5-1.75 inch drop. Is 2 degrees going to eat up tires pretty bad?

I just installed H&R sport springs on my car also. It's a 1.8 drop in front and 1.6 drop in rear for my car. A front and rear camber kit shouldn't be needed with that small of a drop. I was talking to a buddy of mine that worked at a tire place and he said not to get the camber kit because most of them break and I wasn't lowering my car that much.

This was on a 95 Civic Coupe. Here are the camber specs after my alignment...

Front Left......... -1.0 Front Right......... -1.4
Rear Left......... -0.7 Rear Right......... -1.3

I don't think your friends car should be that far off, especially in the rear since it doesn't drop that much. As long as the toe is in spec you should be okay, but you can get some washers and longer bolts to fix the camber in the rear. It's really easy to do. I had a nice link with pictures and instructions, but aparently it's not working anymore... http://web.archive.org/web/20020816125833/...on/rear_camber/

EDIT: I just noticed your buddy's car was an accord. Not sure if everything it the same as on my civic.

Back