Rear diffuser

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efalex

I have the chance to trade rear bumpers for my stock one plus 75 on top of that, this one has a rear lip and golden eagle diffuser.. Its a good deal, i mean i just wanna make my car look nice first.. What u guys think? Im kinda ehh on the diffuser cuz my car isnt fast. But i have a b16 that im building soo it should be sometime soon

So what u guys think

I'd pass on it. Those diffusers are lame. I'd rather have a fin style diffuser which integrates the exhaust opening. Those look like you just drilled holes in your bumper, which you pretty much did. I'd just get the lip off them.

There is a reason the guy wants to trade a stock one for the one with the diffuser, cause stock looks better.

Rear Diffuser
apr_rear_diffuser_s2.jpg

apr_rear_diffuser_s2e.jpg

APR_rear_diffuser.jpg

IMG_5755-1.jpg

shitty looking holes cut in a bumper
aa2083.jpg

The holes in the bumper DO relieve pressure that builds up in the rear bumper, and they are semi functional. But its not a diffuser.. Kind of a personal choice thing I think.

there are 0 street legal cars that could benefit from air holes in the bumper. porsche, ferrari, etc are wayyyy faster than your little hatch will ever be, and they don't have them.

Personal choice i feel also. Hate and dissagree all you want. I mean i did ask for opionions so i had it comming. Thankks guys

its your car... feel free to make it look as shitty as you want :shrug2:

there are 0 street legal cars that could benefit from air holes in the bumper. porsche, ferrari, etc are wayyyy faster than your little hatch will ever be, and they don't have them.

I'm in no way advocating putting those on any car as you can see in my earlier post but I thought that release of pressure is what these where for. You can find something like that on lots of high end cars just not as shittily incorporated. And if the dont have them a lot of cars (Enzo for one) have a very high center section of rear bumper.

Your examples show factory-installed and designed, or professional tuner sourced applications.

A diffuser on almost all Honda applications sub-NSX is going to provide no increase in performance at all. It may improve gas mileage by a fractional amount.

I guess if you just want to have a diffuser for the sake of it being there, go right ahead. The majority of the community here is set firmly against non-beneficial aero modifications so don't expect positive input.

The VX has an optional rear diffuser. This has been discussed in many fuel economy along with racing boards that there's significant turbulence caused by the rear bumper. What I've seen though(mainly concerning the 92-95 Civic hatchbacks), what is more efficient than drilling holes, is just cutting the majority of the rear bumper off leaving just the support and upper area on there.

A guy even stuck yarn all over his car and there was a LOT of turbulence coming from the bottom of the bumper.

I was replying to 95 saying high end cars don't have them. And again, I was NOT saying put them on. Just saying high end cars DO address the issue. But rather than just drilling holes, they actually go about it with beautifully incorporated and actually engineered pieces.

I was replying to 95 saying high end cars don't have them. And again, I was NOT saying put them on. Just saying high end cars DO address the issue. But rather than just drilling holes, they actually go about it with beautifully incorporated and actually engineered pieces.

ok, you're right. my bad.

now lets compare a $1000 hatch to a $1,000,000 car.

i still believe that a civic or 99% of other street legal cars wont benefit from 6 donut sized holes cut in a bumper.

i go to a few different SCCA and ALMS races every year and have yet to see a single car out there with holes cut in the rear bumper
i see a lot of diffusers.... but no holes
and this goes for pretty much every street model car out there
BMW 3 series
Acura TSXs
Mazda Miatas
Porsche 911s
Mazda 6s
Aston Martin DB9s
Ferrari 460s
Ford Mustangs
Nissan 350Zs
Mazda RX8s
Chevy Corvettes
Audi S4s
Audi TTs
BMW Z4s
Panoz Esperantes
VW Jettas
VW GTIs

there is literally dozens of brands and models out on the track racing... none of them with aftermarket holes cut into the bumpers

pretty much if holes were not part of the original design, then they were not there

if real race cars dont need them... then i highly doubt your civic needs them

I'm in no way advocating putting those on any car as you can see in my earlier post but I thought that release of pressure is what these where for. You can find something like that on lots of high end cars just not as shittily incorporated. And if the dont have them a lot of cars (Enzo for one) have a very high center section of rear bumper.

keep in mind that those are mid engined cars... and a lot of that mesh is for venting heat from the engine compartment (or off of the brakes)

the diffusers are still routing the air from the underside of the car

Back