Rear disc brake conversion for 96-00 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Has anyone done a disc brake conversion from drums with the si brake componets on 96-00 civics? I know I need to get the rotors, calipers, caliper mounting brackets, hub/bearing assembley, and splash guards for each rotor. but do i need to change the hydraulic lines to make it compatible with the calipers? also, is the e-brake cable compatible with the si rear calipers as well? if anyone could offer any insight, that would be great.

this is part of my search, i've tried to figure this out, but I do not have an si to look at. Sorry, I posted in the wrong place first.

Quoted post[/post]]
Has anyone done a disc brake conversion from drums with the si brake componets on 96-00 civics? I know I need to get the rotors, calipers, caliper mounting brackets, hub/bearing assembley, and splash guards for each rotor. but do i need to change the hydraulic lines to make it compatible with the calipers? also, is the e-brake cable compatible with the si rear calipers as well? if anyone could offer any insight, that would be great.
I own a '96 civic coupe hx and i used the rears off a gsr (98 I think??) and i was able to use everything except the lower control arms which i had to use my original hx lower arms, gsr e-brake cables or si will work OK, I also opted to replace the master cylinder because it holds more fluid and my vacuum booster because it came with it. You will have to replace the proportioning valve as well.

Back