1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear disc brake conversion for 96-00 civic

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Autozoner n civic owner, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Autozoner n civic owner

Autozoner n civic owner Junior Member

Has anyone done a disc brake conversion from drums with the si brake componets on 96-00 civics? I know I need to get the rotors, calipers, caliper mounting brackets, hub/bearing assembley, and splash guards for each rotor. but do i need to change the hydraulic lines to make it compatible with the calipers? also, is the e-brake cable compatible with the si rear calipers as well? if anyone could offer any insight, that would be great.

2. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

you only need to post once, and do a search first

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Yes, you need to change the lines... plus you'll want to get the e-brake cables from the Si too.

4. Autozoner n civic owner

Autozoner n civic owner Junior Member

this is part of my search, i've tried to figure this out, but I do not have an si to look at. Sorry, I posted in the wrong place first.

5. PLA5151

PLA5151 New Member

I own a '96 civic coupe hx and i used the rears off a gsr (98 I think??) and i was able to use everything except the lower control arms which i had to use my original hx lower arms, gsr e-brake cables or si will work OK, I also opted to replace the master cylinder because it holds more fluid and my vacuum booster because it came with it. You will have to replace the proportioning valve as well.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted