rear disc brakes convertion in civic EK4 - 96 coupe??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5 fingers point ... 1 at me, 4 at ????
look ... just like you, we all just do the best we can.
lump it or leave it.

Zex you really shouldn't talk about yourself that way. But seriously, I am not here to engage in this kind of behaviour. I already asked the dude to post only positive suggestions. Can I get an admin in on this one?

Stop the fighting guys ! we here 2 help and be helped !
U didnt answer about the ABS thing:
Do i need 2 buy the ABS units of the integra (rear discs) or can i reuse mine ?
Thanks.

So i need 2 know from someone who did the rear discs conversion:
Do i need 2 buy the ABS units of the integra (rear discs) or can i reuse mine ?

Ok nobody is answering maby i dont understand something:
In my 96 civic do every wheel has an abs unit of his own??
If yes than should i replace the ABS units of the two rear wheels in the discs convertion into those of the integra (rear discs) ??

I'll probably get yelled at again :D, but if you have the Integra ones, why not put them on?

Anybody know if I need the proportioning valve off of a 99 Civic SI for my gsr brake swap in to 96 EK?:mellow:

I just did a rear disc conversion on my 96 EJ Coupe using used parts from a 96 Integra and new parts for a 99 Civic Si.

I If you want to compare which Honda/Acura parts are the same, go to Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store and select the different Civic models to compare those. Then go to http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/ to compare the different Integra parts. The Acura site will give you the Honda part # and you can search for that on the Honda site. Most, if not all the 99 Si componants are essentially Integra parts (and vise versa in some cases). I buy what I can from Honda as they are 5%-10% less than the exact same part from Acura.
There are other parts suppliers out there that give you the Honda part #'s which makes things even easier.
Good luck!!!

I just did a rear disc conversion on my 96 EJ Coupe using used parts from a 96 Integra and new parts for a 99 Civic Si.

I If you want to compare which Honda/Acura parts are the same, go to Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store and select the different Civic models to compare those. Then go to http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/ to compare the different Integra parts. The Acura site will give you the Honda part # and you can search for that on the Honda site. Most, if not all the 99 Si componants are essentially Integra parts (and vise versa in some cases). I buy what I can from Honda as they are 5%-10% less than the exact same part from Acura.
There are other parts suppliers out there that give you the Honda part #'s which makes things even easier.
Good luck!!!

ok so does that mean that the lugs are just a little longer? Prolly higher strength...

I am picking up a complete gsr disc brake conversion today. It includes 4 rotors, 4 calipers, trailing arms, the ebrake cable, master cylinder, and brake booster.
I plan to put these on my 96 EK. I too would like to know if I need the proportioning valve from a 99-00 si.

they are off a 98 GSR. Can I use my 96 EK axles and everything? Will the arms bolt right on?

Thanks to all the vets who have the answers!;)

4x100 means there are four bolts, and they are 100mm from bolt to bolt, 4x114 is 114mm from bolt to bolt, not thickness.

As far as prop valves and MCs, I have converted, and have not converted a few different projects, IMO, the differences is noticable, yet performance wise, not always nescessary. I haven'
t messed with the 6th gen+'s much, so I couldn't honestly tell you what will fit plug and play with what.

hey thanks for the input. I have decided to use the Integra Master Cylinder and Brake Booster. It is what was spec'd on the GSR brakes and was suredly done for a reason.

The question about the proportioning valve still remains. But I have a feeling since the chasis and weight distribution of the Civic and Integra are a little different it makes sense to use the Civic PV on a Civic setup....

Back