1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear disc conversion trouble

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by twerker08, Nov 6, 2003.

1. twerker08

twerker08 Member

I have a 93 civic hatch and I put dics brakes from a 95 acura on the back.bleeded the lines ,feels good untill you take it down the road, there is no brakes.The only thing I dident change is the brake booster and the master cylinder from the acura.can anyone please give me some help with this problem.

2. EK_spoon2

EK_spoon2 Junior Member

well, the brake booster and master is too only supply proper amount of fluid to the rear calipers and brake pedal hieght and brake pedal pressure of the acuras system....it won't effect the "no brakes" on the road. You said you bleed the calipers right?..are you sure there is absolutly no air in the system, because if theres any air....that is usually wut you get...air can be compressed and this is why it feels fine until you take it out on the road. Also, chk for leaks at the nipples and brakes hoses...have someone step on and hold the brakes while you inspect them for pressure leaks....or it could be the brake hose....it may be damaged...anyways...inspect the whole thing again...make sure there are no leaks....well i hope you the best and i hope i have help out alittle..and then tell me how it worked out after.

3. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

sounds like you need to try bleeding again.

4. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

bleed all the lines, not just the back

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted