rear disc conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jpkcivic88

There's a 2000 GSR that had a front end collision. he wants $700 for the car and it has some parts I want like a rear disc breaks conversion should I buy, it and if I do I'll part it out for REAL CHEAP. let me know what you want.

What can I use and what do I need to buy. I'm doing the conversion on a 96 civic ex coupe.

good god man...if the motor and tranny is in ok shape, you have my "dream" swap car. you can use a lot of the stock parts off the gsr and most likely make some money back parting out what you dont use. grats and dont pass it up. }=)

For that price I would actually rent a storage unit if I needed to and swap more than just the rear brakes into my car.

How about swapping the engine into your car and where are you located?

**NO fenders, head lights, bumpers,
** NO engine/trans/linkage/shifter/mount/wire harness
** NO OE wheels/tires/exhaust/axles/ecu

For that price I would actually rent a storage unit if I needed to and swap more than just the rear brakes into my car.

**NO fenders, head lights, bumpers,
** NO engine/trans/linkage/shifter/mount/wire harness
** NO OE wheels/tires/exhaust/axles/ecu
so thats pretty much just a shell then...see if you can get just the brakes and needed hardware then.

I posted up that the motor has been polled, I'm going to have to rent a storage unit. Located in Papillion NE.

I posted up that the motor has been polled, I'm going to have to rent a storage unit. Located in Papillion NE.

New England! Wooooooooooooo! :D

I just saw that post. I'm thinking that the positive side about getting the shell, is that you will be able to pull everything else you want from it. The semi-bad, is that you will have to dispose of it later on, unless you plan to use it for something else.

I say if you dont have somewhere to store it then just get the brakes. There might be a good bit of parts, but it might not be worth paying to store it. Everything that is missing is what you would be able to sell the easiest anyway, except maybe interior pieces, but you might not make your money back off that.

i done a da rear disc conversion on my 91 ef hatch and it bolted right up in the same spot. so i assume the 00 and 96 should bolt up the same aswell although ive never done it so i wouldnt put my kids life on it or anything. but good luck with the purchase.

oh by the way is it a 4 door or a 2 door?
what color?
and if the interior is in good shape lmk cause im looking for some new door panels for my gsr and center console, the plate that goes around the radio and a few other things id be willing to get if the price is right.

thanks

ill buy the sway bars!!! im in iowa. you can cut the car up and have the junk yard pik it up and theyll giv you monies for the metal. still have shift linkage?

Back