rear disc spindles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcman

Hey all,
I'm finally getting ready to do the rear disc swap, and I found these on eBay:
30_1_b.JPG

Can anyone tell me from looking at the pic if those rotors are in decent shape? Will that rust be scraped off after a few stops, or will I need to get them turned by a mechanic?
Also, does anyone know a good place to get the e-brake cables and/or proportioning valve? Thanks in advance!

Ebrake cables www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Have those rusted bish's turned man, and no, I can't tell, but you can run your finger from the outside to the hat, and if you feel any grooves then your pads are shit, but you should replace them anyway.

dont be a cheap ass buy new rotors and if you cant do that then take those rotors off and go to an automotive store and have them test them for thickness, and if able have them turned for like 5 bucks a piece. get new pads either way you go.

whats up ppl umm i was wonderin do any of yall know where i can get some rotors for my ride i want to increase stopping power but without having to spend like 800 dollars on some rotors

Originally posted by Prelude92@Feb 19 2004, 02:09 AM
whats up ppl umm i was wonderin do any of yall know where i can get some rotors for my ride i want to increase stopping power but without having to spend like 800 dollars on some rotors

well you could start by
POSTING YOUR OWN FUCKING TOPIC
instead of cockblocking this one

While we're talking about Rear disc spindles, does anyone know if you have to replace the entire hub assembly to replace a wheel bearing? Or can you just press out the old one?

you certainly don't have to replace anything more than the hub unit, which is just a small plate with four lug bolts on one side and a bearing on he other. Not sure if it's more dissectable than that, though.

Originally posted by preludude@Mar 2 2004, 06:57 PM
While we're talking about Rear disc spindles, does anyone know if you have to replace the entire hub assembly to replace a wheel bearing? Or can you just press out the old one?

No, just take the hub off and replace the bearings.

The problem is that they dont sell the rear wheel bearings anywhere! For the front they sell them, but not for the rear, they only sell the whole hub unit.

Back