1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear discs - '84 CRX

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by Joe nobody, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Joe nobody

Joe nobody 'Ole skool CRX guy

In the great white north
    Just wondering exactly what kind of work is involved in putting rear discs on my 84 CRX (Integra parts as I have already read in the FAQ). I can handle almost any mechanical/fab issue but I'm wondering if there's mod's required to the e-brake cables or hydraulics. At least if I have a good idea what tools and supplies I'll need I can knock this mod off in a weekend without putting my car out of commission for any extended length of time - as it is my daily driver.

BTW: I searched all sorts of keywords but apparently the search function doesn't like me :cool:

The reason I want to do this: I HATE drum brakes. I have a nice set of wheels for this car with "high-brake-visibility" but can't stand looking at drum brakes. :rolleyes: And I like to hit the twisties around here whenever I can and tend to get a little hard on the brakes. It's only a matter of time until I kill my drums so I'll fix the problem before I kill it ^_^
  2. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

B R I D G E W A T E R
    you need 1g teg ebrake cables, rear brake lines (the CRX ones won't screw into the calipers), and you should use the teg master cylinder/brake booster
Draft saved Draft deleted