1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear disk brakes

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 2Kgsr, Jul 4, 2005.

1. 2Kgsr

2Kgsr Junior Member

I want to do an integra rear disk brake swap on my 93 civic ex. What parts do i need and is the swap hard? Is it worth doing the swap?

2. scottp11

scottp11 The Seniorest Member....

El Paso, TX now, originally from Fresno, CA
    Make sure you get the proportioning valve or your front brakes will engage before your rear....

3. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

swap is not hard at all. all u need are the rear hubs off of an integra and just swap them onto your ex trailing arms.

you dont need the prop valve but its a good idea to get it.

by the way i just did this myself and think the brakes are much improved over the drums but many people will debate that.

4. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

The only benifit from drums is they weigh less. I you have aftermarket rims, it is a good idea to boost your braking. plus discs look better. I did this swap. I used the entire trailing arm and everything attached to it. such as brake lines, cables for e brakes. i didn't switch the proportioning valve i don't have a problem, but i havn't driven in the snow yet.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted