1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear disk conversion 99 civic ex

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 99civicJDMh22, Feb 21, 2008.

1. 99civicJDMh22

99civicJDMh22 New Member

Media:
    i Hvae a ek civic (ex) and i got 98 GSR rear disks i have trailing arms and everything that was back there i was just wondering if it was direct replacement or what exactly had to be done. Does the stock e brake work on the disks. About how long am looking at to replace
  2. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member

Media:
    From the little bit of research I've done on it, I think it's a pretty simple swap over. I don't think it would take that long to do. Most of the parts are just bolt on I believe. I think you have to change the E brake up a bit though, not exactly sure what you have to do to it though. Obviously don't quote me on any of this. I'm just trying to help since no one has responded yet.
  3. 99civicJDMh22

99civicJDMh22 New Member

Media:
    somebody has to know, i think it is that simpe just would like to know before i tear into it
  4. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

I think the trailing arms, with all attached stuff can be installed in place of the civic trailing arm. experianced professionals will have that done in a few hours. maybe a weekend for the person at home. mine took for ever because i had broken bolts and other issues. but i used 93 integra rear brakes on my 2000 lol, which isnt the easiest route...

you also need e-brake cables from a 99-2000 Si. ($~80 OE honda)

but it is fairly simple. broken bolts are your biggest enemy. use a torch ! and a breaker bar!

get an alignment when done.

g'luck!