rear disk conversion help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iluvemyegg

can someone point me to a picture step by step install.
i ordered my eg6 rear disk with e brake cables i know i have to replace the brake lines and pads etc. i just wanna have some reference. thank you

the whole thing. 300 bucks and i have to replace the trailing arm bushings. can i use my trailing arms or no? never donr this befor

Just swap trailing arms. Easiest way to do it

Hey, got your message- sorry.

Swap the whole trailing arm, leave all the control/compensator arms in place. Torque according to service manual, get alignment. Use donor car brake lines and e-brake cables. That's it.

ok cool, i was going to but i just didnt want to deal with changing the trailing arm bushings. im just gonna have to wait on the ES ones that im gonna order from autozone. its cool bro i know your a busy man

Look at the hubs on both cars, if one of them looks corroded then go full trailing arm swap. The CX was pretty good about bolts not being seized when I worked on it, but that was 7 years ago. The real problem with just swapping hubs is that if a bolt breaks, you're fucked.

Last edited:
Swapping the hubs isn't fun. Did that on my old coupe and almost all of the bolts broke. Had to drill them out and tap them

Swapping the hubs isn't fun. Did that on my old coupe and almost all of the bolts broke. Had to drill them out and tap them
Hubs or spindles? On mine the hubs unbolt from the rear spindles and it's easy to get them off with an impact gun.

Does somebody have a picture. Reason I ask is I plan on rear disc's some day on my '91 hatchback.

i have seen the bolt on the back in the center. im just going to change the whole thing. as soon as my bushings come in. and 500 ill take a picture Monday and post it up for you. and hey john do you wanna help, since it is your old car lol!! cant wait to toss those old ass drums! willwood front brakes gonna come after i get my rims. i just wanna stand on the corner with my knee pads to make some money, lol j/k!

What bushing kit did you go with? I used Energy Suspension polyurethane on my hatchback.

Energy Suspension/Trailing Arm Bushing

Part Number: 16.7106R
Alternate Part Number: 16.7106RX
Notes: Rear set; Must reuse all metal hardware;

I did the full kit on mine - everything. Even shift linkage, and front tranny mount. The other 3 tranny/enmgine mounts were replaced with Drop Engineering Polyurethane filled mounts.

Last edited:
yea im going to do that too. but i have to replace what i need to replace. you know how that goes. hows your car going?

^ I need to walk out into the shop and build the engine. ;)

i need to walk out to the garage and do that auto to manual swap on my car... lol sorry for the thread jack, i was about to rip on dual 500 for his lengthy engine build... and realized ive been talking about my auto to manual conversion since march.. lol

Back