rear disk question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18hatchman

got an EF hatch fixina do a rear disk conversion already have the arms and brake stuff got everything but the 4040 valve and e brake cables i was told i could do it with out the 4040 valve and that i could some how make my e brake cables work, question is IF i dont get a 4040 valve what will it affect, and how would i go about rigin my cables to work im sure i could figure somethin out once i look at em but jus want some ideas before i get that far :D

Not having a 40/40 prop valve will bias the pressure to the front brakes. Not a dangerous situation, but you won't be getting the most out of the swap. On my old car my disk swap lacked the correct prop valve. The car never quite felt right under heavy braking. My new car has the exact setup except with a 40/40 valve. Feels much better.

What car did you get the rear arms off of?

Your original E-brake cables will not work. They are made for drum brakes and have a ball shaped end on the cable. Very similar to a peddle bike's brakes.
The ones you need can come from a 90-93 integra and are shaped like a U with a pin going through them to secure them, and a cotter pin for safety.

Back