1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear disk swap

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by danse, Feb 28, 2006.

1. danse

danse Junior Member

For all the real brains out there: I have a 91 Honda civic Si and want rear disk brakes, I have access to the complete setup from a 95 civic Ex ie lower arms, calipers, cables, brakes and such. Is there any way I can make this work on my car? I know about using Teg 90-93 parts but I can't find any of those around anymore. I also already have a 15/16 MC and BB from the Teg, but I will need the port valve to make it all work. Anyone try this setup?
    Thanks!

2. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

1. Disc

2. EG stuff won't work. DA teg stuff should be easy to find. Acutally if you're local, I have a set at work or check car-part.com

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

4. whiteLS

whiteLS Senior Member

a 91 si already has rear disk brakes

5. danse

danse Junior Member

No, the CRX has rear disk, the Civic Hatch Si has drum rear brakes. Sorry about posting in the wrong place..

6. lswhitecivic

lswhitecivic Senior Member VIP

Unless you want to do custom fab work, parts off a DA Integra are going to be the way to go. Don't forget its best to get the proportion valve off of an Integra as well.

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

4. use your stock rear lower control arms as well as compensator arms as well...

5. if you plan on putting 90-93 integra front brakes, again use stock control arms upper/lower

8. danse

danse Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I will use the Teg parts with my stock rear lower control arms, I was able to track down a set. Another question: Fast brakes has a 11 inch front set that uses VW Corrodo rotors and Teg calipers, being that theyare bigger then 10.3 teg front set I would think that they would be a step up from the Teg setup. has anyone used them? And what do you all think?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted