Rear Drums leaking?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KingBacis

Hey guys, i'm having an issue with my brakes. 89 crx si. I had the brakes/rotors/tie rods all changed in the front, and left the back be, and had all four tires bled out then filled w bfluid (MC) I had no brakes at all to begin with, then after i did this, they were still soggy, but were getting better as i drove a long (breaking in maybe) then after a week or so i noticed some fluid was coming out from the rear passenger side tire. Upon further inspection i saw that it was brae flud, and to further confirm this the fluid in the MC was low.*sigh*:( I just got around to jacking up the car this morning and took the tire off, added what lil brake i had left. Then i hand pumped the brakes and ran around the car to see where the fluid was coming from, assuming it was a bad brake line or perhaps the caliper. But it was dripping from the bottom of the drums:mellow:, if thats possible:huh:? Let me know. Eventually i am going to switch to DA suspension, so i wasn't trying to take it to a shop to get raped, but at the same time i don't wanna crash up until then. (End of the year) Let me know, and btw, the MC is dry, so i don't think its faulty for what its worth. Please help me fellow honda lovers.:rolleyes:

FIRST, Check the bleeder screw.

If thats not it then this:

Take the drum off, look at the wheel cylinder, if the boots around the 2 pistons in the cylinder have brake fluid on them replace the wheel cylinder. Also slightly peel the boots back and make sure there is no fluid on the back of the boot.

Oh yea, when you replace a wheel cylinder its a good idea to go ahead and change the opposite side wheel cylinder also.

Back