1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Lower Tie Bar Question

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by BrutalB83, Jun 12, 2007.

1. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

For anybody that has a rear lower tie bar on their ABS-equipped EG/DC, what did you do with the ABS mounting line brackets when you installed the bar? Right now mine are just zip-tied to the tie bar. I was wondering if anybody else had a better solution?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

umm... the brake lines don't go near where a tiebar mounts.... are you sure you have a tie bar?

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yeah it's a rear lower tie bar. And I'm not talking about the actual brake fluid lines, I'm talking about the ABS wires, they're bolted to the subframe and the control arms with little metal brackets, and if you put the tie bar on then it's impossible to remount the brackets that go on the subframe, so I just had it zip-tied to the tie bar.

I figured out how to get rid of the brackets though, so I'm all good, it looks a lot cleaner. Thanks for the response though.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted