1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear mount and bracket

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by civiclxb16, Apr 27, 2005.

1. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

ok here is the deal i am changing my mounts from the stock one in my 97 civic to a set of aftermarket set i was able to get the driver side one and my tranny side, now i was able to get the rear bracket out and took the mount out i put the new mount in but i can't get the rear bracket back in what should i do to make it easy for me to get it back in?

2. n1mr0d

n1mr0d Senior Member

Unless you pull the engine their is nothing easy about it. You have to fight with it until it fits. Lot of times I have gone in from the bottom with the rear portion fo the bracket cocked up a little then as I get to the point where I shove it on it would take a little wedging and elbow grease. I have also had success coming in front the top the same way. You'll get it. Just takes some time.

3. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

do you think if i take the mounts off and lift the engine up it would help me some???

4. n1mr0d

n1mr0d Senior Member

Hell yeah but thats an awful lot of work for something I think you could get by with wedging it into place. Another person on top and you on bottom might even be an easier idea. Thats how I did it when me and my friend swapped the B18 into the EG. Hope this helps.

5. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

which mount should i take off the driverside or the passenget side?

6. n1mr0d

n1mr0d Senior Member

Well you could take them both off and then the engine would pivot on the front two but I would have a lift hooked up. If you only want to take one I would pick the drivers side so that when you pull/lift up on the engine it would give a little more play. You might end up removing both.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted