Rear Right brake "unadjusts" itself

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

hey can anyone tell me why or how to fix the problem with my rear brakes; it for some reason unadjusts itself to the point that you pull the handbrake and step on the brakes theres no braking force at all. ive already had it adjusted twice but it keeps resetting.

drums suck. thats really all there is to it. i've had my hatch 2 weeks, and im ready to adjust them already.

are you sure its unadjusting itself? or do you do a lot of e-brake maneuvers that would wear them faster resulting in a need to readjust

and yea, drums suck ass...

Drums are not as bad as everyone says they are. They actually have more surface area than a disk of comparable size, they just lack the heat disapaton of a disk.

i run front and rear drum on the wheeling rig less to get craked and fucked up but i find they need adjusting every run next tiem trow some blue lock tight on it

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 18 2004, 03:40 PM
are you sure its unadjusting itself? or do you do a lot of e-brake maneuvers that would wear them faster resulting in a need to readjust
[post=404264]Quoted post[/post]​

does parking with the e-brake count :p naw i dont do e-brake manueuvers. ive already had to adjust them twice; in 4-day interval.. im sure they are unadjusting themselves. they arent adjusting to the brake wear, but doing the opposite. it reduces the brake adjustment all the way(the star adjusting nut is turn all the way so that you dont even see any thread on the rod its connected to).

Back