rear speakers in 92 vx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

Ok heres what I got.....about a month ago my system was jacked....took this long fightin with the damn insurance company and they still only gave me $200....so i got an alpine deck ($330 - tilt feature + 3 preamp outs + 50watts x 4) and then a set of infinity speakers for the front and rear.....well i had ciruit city do the install (my friends dad is the car audio manager and always hooks me up, like he just did the labor on my door lock motors for free (saving me $100)). Well here comes my dilema, my 92 civic vx did not come with rear speakers....i do not have a rear hatch shelf to put them in......they said the rear speakers i ordered were to big (6 1/4"s) so what size should i get and how should i mount them.....Circuit City told me they could mount a small set of 4" speakers in the back, and i was thinking of mounting 5x7s in the panels in the back seat....any suggestions?

I have a custom enclosure on the back trim/rear shelf area along the rear seats with 6x9's. I love them personally. But some people say 6x9's blow.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Sep 15 2003, 01:27 PM
5-1/4's in the panels above the armrest things in the back seat.

thats where i put my speakers when i still had the hatch... doesnt look bad at all in my opinion...

well a friend of mine and I got creative today. Well not too creative because it was really simple. We took the panels above the rear seat armrests out of the car. Then proceded to trace and cut out a hole for the infinity speaker and it looks damn nice. I was surprised how clean it came out and now i cant wait to hear them. Tomorrow I have to go back to circuit city to have them wired up ( I know that wiring is easy, but its all paid by my insurance because they gave me a voucher for free install (plus I dont have any speaker wire laying around). As well as they'd prefer having it "installed" because of insurance co. reasons.

the wires should be in the quarterpanels somewhere i believe, regardless of what year 5th gen.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Oct 13 2003, 06:22 PM
the wires should be in the quarterpanels somewhere i believe, regardless of what year 5th gen.

For sure in the 92's, seen them in mine, but later models weren't wired for everything like the 92's, so they might not be there.

Back