Rear springs up front

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
Tanabe Sustec Pro SS II coilovers.

Thats what ive got. the rear spring are only slightly taller the fronts. But the spring rates are obviously higher in the front. I want the higher rate in the rear. The difference is not even half an inch, the diameter of the springs is the same.

Im thinking i should be able to compensate for the extra height with just the collar, just set it a little lower. am i right in assuming all this? This shouldnt have any affect on the struts (i.e. blowing them out premautrely) or anything else.

I basically am pretty sure that it will work, im just looking for nice reassurance. unless im completely wrong, them i need a good :kick:

thanks guys

-Chris

for drag setup i assume... my friend did this with his skunk2s and now his 300 pound springs that were made for the back sag.

actually its for auto x. stiffer springs in the rear, along with a large anti roll bar makes the car handle more neutral, if not more towards oversteer. its how you make a front wheel drive car less prone to push in corners.

dont do that
those coilovers are set up FOR road coursing already
swapping the stiffer springs to the rear will not help your handling at all
if anything it will fuck it up (rear will be too tight front will be sloppy as fuck)
about the only thing i can see comming from that will be assloads of very ugly spin outs

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 12 2004, 02:47 AM
that will be assloads of very ugly spin outs

or, pretty spinouts if you fuck up enough lol

leave 'em y0

aight then. :slaps hand away from springs: i'll leave em alone. Now if i only had the car to put them on ;)

Back