Rear Suspension Troubleshooting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What do you want to spend on the struts? They range quite a bit. Also, what do you plan on doing with the car?

has any one thought the rear wheels might just be towed out causing the inside edge of the tire to wear

most people refer a tow out condition as a negative camber issue because the inside edge of the tire wears out but when the wheels are towed out it causes the inside edge of the tire to drag and this will eat tires 25x faster than any camber issue i would take you car in for a four wheel alignment and suspension inspection

has any one thought the rear wheels might just be towed out causing the inside edge of the tire to wear

most people refer a tow out condition as a negative camber issue because the inside edge of the tire wears out but when the wheels are towed out it causes the inside edge of the tire to drag and this will eat tires 25x faster than any camber issue i would take you car in for a four wheel alignment and suspension inspection

That's not enough negative camber to cause a problem (no H in camber!). You probably have a few bushings out- and rebuilding struts won't help you there. If you need a strut rebuild, you need a strut rebuild. Bounce test your suspension to find out.

If your bushings are no good, no alignment is going to help because your car's suspension linkages won't be able to properly control the movement of your tire. Incorrect toe settings are what typically cause the majority of irregular tire wear, so if the bushings are letting the suspension flop around, you're going to have weird tire wear. I suspect either bushings or struts to be your problem.

I mentioned it 3 weeks ago. You might have missed it because I spelled it right... It's "toe" not "tow."

hey i had been drinking but he gets the point i think i just get tired of hearing people saw it is caused from camber hell look at how much a stock BMW has and you dont see the inside edged of there tires gone

Toe causes feathered wear across the entire tread of the tire unless you had a toe issue and a pretty bad camber issue. His struts are bad judging by his description.

Back