rear sway bar questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo'd ls eg

i have a rear sway bar for a gsr and i want to put it on my civic hb but im not sure if itll work. the civic didnt have a rear sway bar stock as it was the crappy 1992 cx. it looks like it will but im lazy and would rather have somebody tell me itll work before i try anything

it will fit perfectly but you will need the brackets to mount it to the body along with bolts to bolt it on assuming the holes arn't tapped and lower control arms from a civic/integra with a rear sway bar.

Is it necessary or a really good idea to get or make one of those subframe reinforcement brackets when using a GSR sway bar?

What's the difference in diameter between a LS rear sway bar and a GSR rear sway bar?

Quoted post[/post]]
Is it necessary or a really good idea to get or make one of those subframe reinforcement brackets when using a GSR sway bar?

What's the difference in diameter between a LS rear sway bar and a GSR rear sway bar?

Not sure about the GSR, but the LS is about as fat as my pinki.. Tiny little thing. The JDM ITR rear sway that I am installing is 22mm.

You'll also need some lower control arms, because the CX's LCAs doesn't have anywhere to mount a sway bar on them.

P.S. Go to Hmotorsonline.com and buy the JDM ITR front and rear sways.. $65 and $55.. and $100 GSR/SIR-G Lower control arms. +shipping and they come with all of the end links and parts that you will need. Hella suspension upgrade for sub $300..

(DO NOT get the ITR LCAs.. they are totally different and won't fit unless you change out the struts)

100 bucks for gsr lca's is more than 200% going rate... those sell for 50 bucks all day. just an fyi

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Not sure about the GSR, but the LS is about as fat as my pinki.. Tiny little thing. The JDM ITR rear sway that I am installing is 22mm.

Dude this teggy I was stripping that had no id badges was definitely an LS then. You aren't kidding about the diameter of it. Jesus is that a sway bar or a hydraulic line? :laugh:

Back