1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear swaybar for eg hatch

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by hatchproject, Jan 30, 2004.

1. hatchproject

hatchproject Member

I'm thinking of buying a suspension technique rear sway bar for my eg hatch si. I was wondering is this worth getting. How would my hatch handle with this rear bar. This bar will be paired up with my front stock sway bars. Also will this bar be a simple bolt on or would i have to do some mods to intall it. My hatch never came with the rear bar.

2. BlackFrog

BlackFrog Neighborhood Lush

i have the S/T rear sway/tie combo on the back of my del sol. handles real nice, very neutral, but watch out for some snap oversteer if you get into a turn too hot and happen to stab the brakes. I would also recommend either the Beaks reinforcement kit, or taking some measures to prevent the bolts from tearing out.

Personally i wouldnt go with Beaks, i bought the kit, and wasnt even able to use. I dont understand how so many people have bought and installed it with no problems, and i do this shit for a living. i had one of the bolts strip out because there is not alot of metal for them to grab onto, and ended up having to nut and bolt it.

long story short, its a great kit, car will handle real well, its really not hard to install, and youll be happy with it when your done. just do your homework about installation and some kind of subframe reinforcement.

-Chris

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The kits aren't the problem, the problems are linked to weak suspension, that allows to much movement and has the sway bar pulling double duty.

4. hatchproject

hatchproject Member

so what kind of subframe reinforcement would you recomend? I don't want to be having subframe tearouts by buying this bar. How easy or hard is it to intall the reinforcements?

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

if you get the suspension techniques "speed tech system" (sway/tie bar combo) you will have all the support you need

[​IMG]

6. hatchproject

hatchproject Member

i already have a rear lowr tie bars for mine. It's some generic brand. Would this help or is it just junk?

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

im gunna guess it will be of no help

not 100% sure though

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted