Rear Trailing Arm bushings . .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

Where should I go to get rear trailing arm bushings installed and buy the actual bushings themsevlfs? And is there any other aftermarket bushing sets for this besides oem ones?

You can order them online from any of hte hundreds of retailers, or if you have a performance shop in your area, go there. Any shop that does that kind of work (general mechanics) can do it.

Mugen is the only real alternative(aside from the mickey mouse urethane ones). They are from the same mold just harder rubber.

One mechanic told me that installing the rear trailing arm bushings is rated at a six hour job in the book. :eek: In the meantime, I put 3M Window Weld sealant all around my old oem rta bushings and my teggy feels a whole lot better. :)

Stay away from poly bushings... they seem fine for motor mounts though.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Aug 25 2004, 10:32 AM
i have full poly bushings on the crx's RTA bushings, no problems here....
[post=381479]Quoted post[/post]​

How long have you had them on? Talking to Calesta, he said that poly bushings only last about 3-4 years... and the RTA's are such a PITA to change. I would have glady gone with the Mugen's except for the high prices. Also early in the summer, one of the poly bushings in my Si's rear LCA slipped out of place... between that and the creaking of the poly bushings, I am less thrilled with them all of the time.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Aug 25 2004, 09:32 AM
i have full poly bushings on the crx's RTA bushings, no problems here....
[post=381479]Quoted post[/post]​

The trailing arms do not move in a single vertical plane, they move in an arc like ( so the urethane ones cause binding.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Aug 25 2004, 10:43 AM
How long have you had them on? Talking to Calesta, he said that poly bushings only last about 3-4 years... and the RTA's are such a PITA to change.
[post=381524]Quoted post[/post]​

Supposedly... I honestly have no basis for that estimate. It's just what other people tell me.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Aug 25 2004, 03:15 PM
One mechanic told me that installing the rear trailing arm bushings is rated at a six hour job in the book. :eek:

[post=381474]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds about right, lots to do when replacing them.

Back