Rear wheel steering?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

hi guys. i was just wonder does anyone know how the rear wheel steering work? ive read about it on other forums and they say its due to the box-style rear lca. well ive taken a look under my car and i still dont understand how the lca would make the rear wheel steer. does it flex or something?

thanks, kevin.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Dec 15 2004, 08:47 AM
hi guys. i was just wonder does anyone know how the rear wheel steering work? ive read about it on other forums and they say its due to the box-style rear lca. well ive taken a look under my car and i still dont understand how the lca would make the rear wheel steer. does it flex or something?

thanks, kevin.
[post=432447]Quoted post[/post]​

i know nothing about this really but will ask some questions to formulate a probable answer hear- is the rear wheel sterring going to be tied into the steering spindle or just be taking its cornering by the pull of the car and adjusting rear wheels accordingly - i know that this probably ties into those old 88 civic wagons which had awd - honda did some strange stuff in 88

I don't know how it's done but I know it wasn't done through the spindle on the 92 prelude. I believe they had electronic signal sent according to how much you turned the wheel.

It has nothing to do with the shape of the LCA.... it's something about how the compensator arm mounts up to the chassis. There are kits to convert the 89-91 Civics to match the 88's setup.

Calista is a bone skinny no talent actress. :p

I just have a really good memory when it comes to this kind of stuff. I read about the rear steering somewhere a year or two back.

Back