Reason #234325465 Virginia sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/index.html

Bill sets fine for low-riding pants

RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- Virginians who wear their pants so low their underwear shows may want to think about investing in a stronger belt.

The state's House of Delegates passed a bill Tuesday authorizing a $50 fine for anyone who displays his or her underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner."

Del. Lionell Spruill Sr., a Democrat who opposed the bill, had pleaded with his colleagues to remember their own youthful fashion follies.

During an extended monologue Monday, he talked about how they dressed or wore their hair in their teens. On Tuesday, he said the measure was an unconstitutional attack on young blacks that would force parents to take off work to accompany their children to court just for making a fashion statement.

"This is a foolish bill, Mr. Speaker, because it will hurt so many," Spruill said before the measure was approved 60-34. It now goes to the state Senate.

The bill's sponsor, Del. Algie T. Howell, has said constituents were offended by the exposed underwear. He did not speak on the floor Tuesday.

Spruill and Howell, also a Democrat, are both black.

thats what happens when you live in a CommonWEALTH state, anything to make a buck

this is what happens when the state needs money for roads and the fucking retards of NOVA voted against a tax increase for the road

but then all everyone in NOVA does is complain , thats what you get

:wtf: :tfg:
i heard about that on cnn yesterday. talk about stupid stupid stupid people. i guess one way around it, is not to wear underwear... :moon: :)

Springfield needs a law like that. The revenue from the $50 fines would be more than enough to correct the city's negative budget.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good idea? I'm sure it's targeted at undesireables. (who ever that may be :ph34r: )

I gotta find out who was the first to mention anything about it being an attack on blacks.

-> Steve

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Feb 9 2005, 07:57 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/index.html

Bill sets fine for low-riding pants

RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- Virginians who wear their pants so low their underwear shows may want to think about investing in a stronger belt.

The state's House of Delegates passed a bill Tuesday authorizing a $50 fine for anyone who displays his or her underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner."

Del. Lionell Spruill Sr., a Democrat who opposed the bill, had pleaded with his colleagues to remember their own youthful fashion follies.

During an extended monologue Monday, he talked about how they dressed or wore their hair in their teens. On Tuesday, he said the measure was an unconstitutional attack on young blacks that would force parents to take off work to accompany their children to court just for making a fashion statement.

"This is a foolish bill, Mr. Speaker, because it will hurt so many," Spruill said before the measure was approved 60-34. It now goes to the state Senate.

The bill's sponsor, Del. Algie T. Howell, has said constituents were offended by the exposed underwear. He did not speak on the floor Tuesday.

Spruill and Howell, also a Democrat, are both black.

[post=458508]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds like the guy who opposes the bill said it.

Originally posted by adidas_man@Feb 9 2005, 12:16 PM
:wtf: :tfg:
i heard about that on cnn yesterday. talk about stupid stupid stupid people. i guess one way around it, is not to wear underwear... :moon: :)
[post=458561]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit, for some reason I just cracked the fuck up. :D

the bill went to the state senate yesterday and got laughed at
they said it made VA look bad because they are preoccupied about someone's pants,

now you can walk around with you pants at your ankles

lmao..i knew it would never pass.

That shit was the stupidest thing I heard...I heard it on Fax5 Last night and I busted out laughing...Then I watch something else and in Mobile, AL you need a permit to wear hihg heels.

Back