Reason # 5 that Washington sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am pretty sure that Wisconsin has a law on the books like that. I actually think it is a good idea in theory. Why wouldn't you want to fix a problem like a safety device that is responsible for the deaths of individuals. Remember when all of the info came out about air bags? The industry took a look and made some changes Auto maker should take note - imagine what "adjustable height" seat belts could do. I bet parents would buy one if it meant their kids didn't have to use a booster seat.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/vehicle/child/docs/booster-seat-law-facts.pdf

Last edited:
my 93 mirage had adjustable height seat belts.

I think the stupid part is forcing kids under X age to be put in the back seat. Some kids are bigger then others. If you meet the height weight requirements who gives a rats ass. And also how are they gonna check a kids age? When i was 1-15 years old i had zero ID.

"I don't like it," said Karly, who at 4-foot-8 (with shoes on) is taller than most of her classmates. But that's not tall enough for a seat belt to fit her properly.

What are cops going to carry measuring tapes around with them now? How the fuck is this even enforcable? She's an inch shorter than the requirement and at 8 years old, she'll be 4'10" within months.

The changes also require children to use booster seats until they are 16 years old if a vehicle's seat belt does not properly fit the child.

Again... how the hell is this going to be enforcable? Cops are expected to turn a routine traffic stop for speeding into searching and checking the height of any child in the car?

Yeah. Fucking. Right.

Why is Washington dealing with stupid laws like this? Be like Denver and legalize small amounts of personal use pot first. Then worry about bigger problems than this nonsense.

Another thing, why isn't the state simply appealing to the US lawmakers to require automotive manufacturers to redesign seat belts to fit both adults and children? Wouldn't this make more sense? Instead of picking on the citizens to go out and buy 2 or 3 booster seats, appeal to the makers, who have the money, to spend a few bucks to redesign shit.

Last edited:
What are cops going to carry measuring tapes around with them now? How the fuck is this even enforcable? She's an inch shorter than the requirement and at 8 years old, she'll be 4'10" within months.

Again... how the hell is this going to be enforcable? Cops are expected to turn a routine traffic stop for speeding into searching and checking the height of any child in the car?

Yeah. Fucking. Right.

Why is Washington dealing with stupid laws like this? Be like Denver and legalize small amounts of personal use pot first. Then worry about bigger problems than this nonsense.

Another thing, why isn't the state simply appealing to the US lawmakers to require automotive manufacturers to redesign seat belts to fit both adults and children? Wouldn't this make more sense? Instead of picking on the citizens to go out and buy 2 or 3 booster seats, appeal to the makers, who have the money, to spend a few bucks to redesign shit.

lol, really drunk so your post is funny. the reason Washington is dealing with such stupid laws is because the U.S. is going to shit. Everyone has a whiney opinion and is stating it and trying to get a law enforced in favor of it. Its happening everywhere and kids are thinking their opinions count and are decidiing the only way to show it is through force with guns and shit. This country needs a serious turn around. It's all about I, I, I. The only thing that matters to people is theirselves, and its a shame. Caring aobout others and not just yourself is important and makes this country great, but kids are thinking they are the shit, and everyone is gtrying to get laws in their favor and how they want, and its ruining the country. People need to start thinking about the bigger picture. and not just their own worlds.

Back