reason number...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't disagree with reaching out to the public to ask them to reduce water use as much as possible but to fine them... What scares me more is how the hell do they track it? What if someone has crohns or some other form of IBS will they get fined for showering too much or can a doctors note give them enough evidence to show it was the toilet flushing and not the shower running?

all i can say is start growing your own food if you can. because someday (soon) cali isn't going to have produce.

So does that mean I can't fill my Jacuzzi tub in my room at the Marriott when I'm in Valencia for work next week???? WTF

there's something not right about a man offering another man money to take a bath in his hotel room...
not that there's anything wrong with that.

Some of the comments are funny, but in reality it has to be a shitty situation. Its only going to get worse as we continue to over populate.
This isn't the first time ca has had a drought or will it be the last.

Thousands of years people have been doing rain dances or killing people and or animals to please the gods to get it to rain.

This isn't the first time ca has had a drought or will it be the last.

Thousands of years people have been doing rain dances or killing people and or animals to please the gods to get it to rain.

but..... but.... but this time its different

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Doesn't California get most of its water from the Colorado? Water rights and agriculture tap that river down to nothing. California needs to treat grey water effluent if the commodity is that scarce.

Also, toilet flushes are less than one minute of shower. Recirculating showers can be purchased for those who want loooong showers. Otherwise, you could put in a water conserving shower head, 1.75-2.0 gpm work great. I use them to cut my power bill since my wife likes insane hot showers for 20 plus minutes. It also leaves some hot water in the tank for when I shower. California should pay western WA for some of our rain. Seriously, we have more than enough to share!

There are many aqueducts heading in to cali from all over the pacific northwest.

what they really need to invest in is a de-desalination plant or 20.

Back