rebilding my 3rd b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crashsvg

hey guys just to give a quick rundown..
this has been my worst year since building my b18c1.first was supercharged b18c made 261whp @9 psi with 11:1 cp...
i then however over spin the charger while upping the boost and damaged it.. n was force to install a cheap ebay turbo kit ...
am not going to lie compared to the 3500.00 i spent on the vortech charger the cheap 650.00 turbo kit made me feel like a fool..at only 12 psi i was able to make 356whp :)

but all was short lived..while @ the tracks the sleeves cracked damaging two of the pistons and almost killed the head..

see the thing is am the only one in my country doing a turbo b18c and i didnt no that
after 330whp that the sleeves give out :(....although i see alot of ppl making huge numbers off stock sleeves..(wounder how they do it??)
also am my own tuner ...self thought asked alot of questions and did alot of reading and asking a friend for advise when its needed...

now to the point

am now rebuilding a new block with 9.5:1 pistons,forged connecting rods, a re sleeve along with 750cc inj n methanol kit ..i was using emanage ultimate but am thinking of going hondata as am going to aiming for huge power.
my question are:

1.resleeving would allow me to boost more and strengthening the block ..does it make sense using a block guard as well to reduce the wobble at the top of the deck or is this approach going to cause serious heat issues?

2.i no the ebay turbo kits (xs t3t4 turbo kit) are crap..is there anything usable on it?the inter cooler seems ok because am gonna be using the methanol to aid in cooling anyway..do i need to change the 2'' pipes that the air flows through?

3.am considering using a gt30 turbo with the b18c any feed back about this?good/bad

4.what the cheapest and most effective boost controller would you suggest?

5.i have a skunk2 intake with a full 2.5exhaust..how much difference would a port head make?
am open to any advise that could be given..this is my 2nd engine and i wana do it right..

Last edited:
Find somewhere to get it professionally tuned. DIY tune jobs with no dyno or diagnostic tools is why your motors keep exploding.

uh i dyno my first tune got the af right n found mbt..tuning isnt the problems ......my blocks keep cracking because of the pressure in the chamber thats y am sleeving this one...

Back