rebuild b18b ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

my friend will sell me his b18b ls nonvtec motor,tranny,and ecu for 800-900. the problem is the swap has 110,000 miles on it. is it worth rebuilding for boost or just forget about it? what would or should i do? im looking for 13 sec. et's.this is my daily driver and weekend dragger. i am on a 5000 budget but will use 1000 on suspension and clutch.so 4k on the engine and turbo. thanks for the help

Thats what i plan on doing to my b18b this winter. If you are looking for the 13 sec range its not too hard. My hatch is running 15.1 with the swap in it. All I have is a I,H,E. If you just do a stock rebuild to it and run something mild like 8 lbs that will shoot you easily into the 13's. I dont know what model you want to stick it in but I have mine in a hatch. People dont suspect it, especially where I am right now in NC. Its mostly mustangs and camaros. But with my car being so light and the non-vtech pulls pretty strong...you got a nice little suprise for them.

miles mean nothing wihtout knowing the condition of the motor.

i've seen 200k mile motors run better than some 30k mile motors.

thanks for the replies. do you have an idea on how much it would cost to do a stock rebuild? im looking towards the rev hard stg. 2 turbo kit. would my stock block hold up to that turbo? i really dont have the tools and space to do a rebuild myself so i would have a shop do it for me. should i also run an uberdata? would 92 talon tsi injectors work? sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help.

if you aren't trying to make 342423423 hp, i wouldn't bother rebuilding it.
in the mean time, run stock block and save for a good setup... or another car if you wish.

a rev hard kit on 8 pounds with the dsm 450's and ubderdata will be fine on your motor if you dyno tune it correctly

i forgot to mention that this swap is going into my 92 civic hatch. ok i talked to this shop called one6 motorsports and they said i could get a jdm b18b for 850. would it be safe to use my friends 110k mile tranny? how much should i offer him for his tranny and ecu? he really doesn't know shit bout cars, if that helps. thanks again for the replies.

Back