Rebuild Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Looks like it's all there. Price isn't bad if those are OEM pistons. Doesn't look like it though. Bearings make me not want to trust it. OEM bearings or go home.

I wouldn't buy it because of the bearings. OE bearings and I'd think about it.

yeah i like OE bearings too. I just ran across it and thought it would be good to rebuild my friends motor. He liked the kit especially the price. I was just wondering if the parts are good..

then you didn't pick fast. you picked almost fast.

it's actually "reliable", not good...as good can be synonymous with all three combined(how "good" a setup is).

You really don't have to pick, just balance all three(compromise). If you're patient and get lucky, you can definitely have all three(deals on quality parts).

Last edited:
Who here has experience with OEM bearings and ACL's? Who here has had bad experiences with either/or?

No one?

I ran ACL standards in my B20... they were plastigauged and uhm checked out within spec and have lasted! so... why all the OEM nutswinging?

I've ran both YCP pistons and King bearings before, with zero problems. Really good products, in my opinion.

I'm using king bearings in my b16 with 20k trouble free miles. I rev it to 9k atleast once per drive, and she runs 4.5k down the interstate. oh yeah, mobile 1 synthetic oil...

I am liking all the good opinions here.. now what about this kit with LS crank and LS rods. should be a good setup then.. with a GSR block B16 head...

Are the bearings specifically for a GSR? If they are you might wanna double check to make sure the GSR bearings will work on w/an LS crank. I remember reading that the GSR mains are wider than an LS. Not entirely sure though.

Ah your right brian I do believe they are. I think I saw that same thing in another thread...

I ran ACL standards in my B20... they were plastigauged and uhm checked out within spec and have lasted! so... why all the OEM nutswinging?

Because there's no fucking way the seller of that eBay kit could be selling the rebuild kit for the exact engine. Most people don't use the right size bearings on everything.

The LS crank and rods are just a thought right now.. but the kit we will probably get, for some reason money doesn't grow on trees in Ohio very well.

Because there's no fucking way the seller of that eBay kit could be selling the rebuild kit for the exact engine. Most people don't use the right size bearings on everything.

if you run OEM bearings you still have to plastigauge to make sure your clearances are correct. same goes for ACL/KING/CLEVITE bearings... or am I missing the point of where your argument that OEM is best

which is why you'd plastiguage and check clearances while assembling...

Back