Rebuild Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you run OEM bearings you still have to plastigauge to make sure your clearances are correct. same goes for ACL/KING/CLEVITE bearings... or am I missing the point of where your argument that OEM is best

which is why you'd plastiguage and check clearances while assembling...

That eBay kit was touted as being "all you need," and I only saw one set of bearings in there, also no plastigauge strips.

Unless I'm misreading the description, the kit comes with main bearings, rod bearings and thrust washers... and typically plastiguage is something the engine builder/assembler has on hand. Shit, I havent built an engine in over a year and I have some laying around.

bottom line, if its in your budget and you have half a clue on assembling your engine, go for it. this kit is 99% complete (that 1% being plastiguage and oil/assembly lube)

they are good stuff, I used the nippon pistons in my build and nippon master gasket set.

ACL, King, and OEM bearings are all good. clearances is what makes things go wrong. If your building a OEM rebuild that will last 200k miles then yes go oem but if your building a budget build, ACL is a nice way to go IF they fit. you can always mix and match.

Back