rebuild my b18?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91integra

Hey guys, I know you've probablly gotten this before, but i searched for a while on here and didnt find anything. so anyways I have a 5 spd 91 integra LS completley completley stock... my friend didnt want it anymore cause he bought a new RSX so he sold me his LS for $20 bucks lol. So anyways, it runs fine theres no major problems so far, but its got like 204,000 on it and I know that if theyre maintained they'll last for a while... but 200,000 is pushing it for me lol so i want to rebuild it completley. I know I could just get a B16 or B18C5 or whatever... but I deffinitly dont want VTEC, I dont know why I just dont personally like VTEC, so my question is, in your opinion what would be the best shit to rebuild the motor with like what pistons whould i use and cams and so forth, keeping in mind that after the motor and trans are rebuilt, I am deffinitly going to boost it. Also, before i even do that I want new suspension, should i just get some ebay lowering springs or just go ahead and get full adjustable coilovers? any help would be greatley appreciated, any input at all as long as its positive is appreciated.. thanks guys...

either reply here or get me on AIM- CityIconz87

get omnipower full coilovers, like $650-$700 on ebay. Totally worth it. It's good that you have a goal, rebuild for boost. But how much boost? How much power? If your looking for like 250hp then you could just rebuild it with stock parts and it will hold. If you want 400hp I would reccomend a full rebuild with new sleeves, forged internals, new bearings, and seals, etc. Also will it be street driven, track driven, a little of both, daily driver, or weekend fun car? Let us now.

hey thanks for the help.... yeah its not going to be a track car.. maybe but mostly going to be a street car, i might run it on the track once in a while... my ideal goal is between 320-400 hp to the crank, i know thats quite a gap, but anywhere between those two is ideal.

hey thanks for the help.... yeah its not going to be a track car.. maybe but mostly going to be a street car, i might run it on the track once in a while... my ideal goal is between 320-400 hp to the crank, i know thats quite a gap, but anywhere between those two is ideal.
I don't think you will need new sleeves but I think forged internals is all but neccessary. But buy some books, read write-ups on here or elsewhere. Really the only person who can tell you exactly what you want is you.

hes right about the read up but some help

i like eagle rods. have weisco pistons
i used stock gaskets.
i did not resleave the block.
cams are pers preferance.

and why wouldent you like vteck. i dont have it but thats becauses of money. lol it only helps. either way 320hp to the crank is not to far from being obtainable on stock parts on an ls.

i dont want to go vtec just because i just dont like it. i dont know why i dont like it.. i just dont lol.

i would go with crower rods and new pistons and get my blocked sleeved so i could run 600 hp everyday but thats just me though

okay, after talking to several different people and hearing their opinions, they some what swayed me into thinking i might want to do an LS VTEC build for my Integra? good or bad idea? I like the sounds of it... but like i said in a few of my other forums, I am brand new to Hondas/Acuras Im not new to JDM before this Integra I had a 94 240SX...anyways, what exactly would I need to go from the stock B18 to acheive a fully functional including A/C LS VTEC set up? such as, what transmission? any really good combinations of bottom and top ends, best pistons and so forth to use? My ideal goal is still around 320hp-ish.. seeing as how I have an LS and Im doing LS VTEC, can I just keep my transmission and bottom end i have on there now and rebuild and put ona diff. top end? any help is really aprreciated, no one in my town owns Acuras or Hondas really Mazdas are big up here, so I have no one around here to help me with info, so if you guys could shed some light for me I would appreciate it, thanks a lot in advance for any help.

All you would need is a VTEC head and either tap the block yourself for oil for the VTEC or get a Golden Eagle LS/VTEC conversion kit. Also get a GSR oil pump and water pump and a new belt. Well sorry it depends what head you are going to go with B16 or GSR (B18C1) will determine what parts to get. You can go aftermarket pistons or OEM like Civic Type R pistons which I actually have for sale right now CHEAP never used. Just depends what you want to do these will bump your compression pretty nice I was going to use them but I have another project now. To hit the goals you are going for you will need to redo your bottom end
and some cams would be good too. I still don't kow if this will get you to your goal. Hopefully I got to most of your questions. Good Luck with your build.

im thinking about boost, but again i keep hearing good and bad stories about boosted ls vtecs so im not sure if i really want to or not. Integraslut, thanks for the help with everything and I going to NY next weekend and picking up b16 pistons and b16 head. But I am also looing to buy a whole nother setup, because for now I am just going to do lsvtec on the ls block i have now and not mod it at all, im not going to beat on it, just for a little bit of fun before winter comes, and during the winter i am going to build another lsvtec and buld it the right way... so how much for the pistons?

If you get ctr pistons you are going to be doing all motor and getting 250whp on a 1.8 will be very hard to get and be able to drive daily, so if you just turbo an ls you can get about 250whp without vtec or just with ls- vtec 250whp is easily achieved. You have to make your mind up and all motor is expensive especially trying to get 320crank power or 250 whp all motor on ls-vtec 1.8

Back